10 Reasons to Use a Water Filter
- In order to capitalize on the health benefits of water, it is essential to draw from a clean source of water.
- Drinking impure, contaminated water is the leading cause of epidemic disease in developing countries.
- There are more than 2100 known drinking water contaminants that may be present in tap water, including several known poisons.
- Bottled water does not offer a viable alternative to tap water.
- Municipal water treatment facilities cannot always control for the outbreak of dangerous bacterial contaminants in tap water.
- The only way to ensure pure, contaminant-free drinking water is through the use of a point-of-use filtration system.
- Several types of cancer can be attributed to the presence of toxic materials in drinking water.
- Clean, healthy drinking water is essential to a child’s proper mental and physical development.
- According to the EPA, lead in drinking water contributes to 480,000 cases of learning disorders in children each year in the United States alone.
- It is especially important for pregnant women to drink pure water as lead in drinking water can cause severe birth defects.